Swimming in Austin
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Barton Springs Pool. When those summer days get hotter than a potter's furnace, dip into Zilker Park's 300-yard-long, spring-fed swimming pool, a favorite with locals. The clear springs produce from 12 million to 90 million gallons in any 24-hour period, the water always a rather cool 66° to 70°. Zilker Park, 2201 Barton Springs Rd., Austin, TX. 512/476–9044. www.ci.austin.tx.us/parks/bartonsprings.htm. Free (Nov.–Mar.), $3 rest of year. Hours vary. Closed 3 weeks in Feb. and Mar. for spring cleaning.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's