Spelunking in Austin
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Inner Space Cavern. This Mesozoic-era karst cavern 24 miles north of Austin was discovered in 1963 and opened to the public three years later. Visitors access the entrance via cable car and can choose from two trails, one that is.75 miles and another that's 1.2 miles. Tours vary in length (and price) from just a little over an hour to nearly four hours. The temperature is a year-round 72°. Kids get discounted admission; the three- to four-hour tour is for ages 13 and older only. On Saturdays, reservations are required and groups can be no larger than four. Sometimes there are $1 coupons on the website. 4200 S. I–35, Georgetown, TX, 78626. 512/931–2283. www.innerspace.com. $15–$100 depending on tour. Mid-May–early Sept., daily 9–6; early Sept.–mid-May, Mon.–Fri. 9–4, Sat.–Sun. 10–5.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe