Grand Ole Opry Tours. Daytime, post-show, and VIP backstage tours of the Grand Ole Opry are offered Feb.–Oct. 2804 Opryland Dr., Nashville, TN, 37214. 800/SEE–OPRY. www.opry.com.
Gray Line. Tours include driving tours of the city (downtown, Music Row, etc.) and past stars' homes, walking tours, and visits to the Grand Ole Opry. Gray Line also runs the Music City Trolley Hop and shuttles between Opry Mills outlet mall and downtown. 615/883-5555 or 800/251-1864. www.graylinetn.com.
Music City Trolley Hop. This hop on, hop off trolley tour operated by Gray Line of Tennessee includes stops at major Nashville attractions. Ticket office is at the Hard Rock Cafe downtown. 615/883-5555 or 800/251-1864. www.graylinetn.com.
Johnny Walker Tours. Options include three-hour sightseeing tours and special concert tours. 615/834-8585 or 800/722-1524.
Opryland River Cruises. The General Jackson, Opryland's four-deck paddle-wheeler, has several two-hour cruises along the Cumberland River daily, including lunch and dinner cruises serving Southern cuisine, with a music review in the Victorian Theater. Tickets can be purchased either for the full experience or for the outer-deck sightseeing option.
Opryland's other boat is the Music City Queen, a 350-passenger paddle-wheel excursion boat used mainly for special events, including midday singer/songwriter cruises, evening comedy cruises, Country Christmas cruises, and a New Year's Eve cruise. www.generaljackson.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe