Opryland River Cruises. The General Jackson, Opryland's four-deck paddle-wheeler, has several two-hour cruises along the Cumberland River daily, including lunch and dinner cruises serving Southern cuisine, with a music review in the Victorian Theater. Tickets can be purchased either for the full experience or for the outer-deck sightseeing option.
Opryland's other boat is the Music City Queen, a 350-passenger paddle-wheel excursion boat used mainly for special events, including midday singer/songwriter cruises, evening comedy cruises, Country Christmas cruises, and a New Year's Eve cruise. www.generaljackson.com.
Gray Line. Tours include driving tours of the city (downtown, Music Row, etc.) and past stars' homes, walking tours, and visits to the Grand Ole Opry. Gray Line also runs the Music City Trolley Hop and shuttles between Opry Mills outlet mall and downtown. 615/883-5555 or 800/251-1864. www.graylinetn.com.
Grand Ole Opry Tours. Daytime, post-show, and VIP backstage tours of the Grand Ole Opry are offered Feb.-Oct. 2804 Opryland Dr., Nashville, TN, 37214. 800/SEE-OPRY. www.opry.com.
Johnny Walker Tours. Options include three-hour sightseeing tours and special concert tours. 615/834-8585 or 800/722-1524.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $93.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Nashville Hotwire
- Quality Inn & Suites Downtown Nashville in May: $219 & Up Expedia
- Save on Your Vacation: 3 Nts Loews Vanderbilt + Air Fr $762 Travelocity
- $12.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Nashville Hotwire
- $59.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Nashville — $59 Hotwire