From Nashville I-65 leads north into Kentucky and south into Alabama, and I-24 leads northwest into Kentucky and Illinois and southeast into Chattanooga and Georgia. I-40 traverses the state east-west, connecting Knoxville with Nashville and Memphis. I-440 connects I-40, I-65, and I-24, and helps circumvent clogged major arteries during Nashville's rush hour. I-840, which will skirt Nashville's north side and connect I-40 with I-24N and I-65N, is under construction.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $64.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Nashville Hotwire
- May deal: Quality Inn & Suites Downtown Nashville Fr $219+/Nt Expedia
- Save at 3.5-Star Hotel: 4 Nts + Air to Nashville Fr $504 Expedia
- $13.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Nashville Hotwire
- $60.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Nashville — $60 Hotwire