Cheekwood Botanical Garden and Museum of Art
Cheekwood Botanical Garden and Museum of Art Review
Thirty acres of gardens at the Cheekwood Botanical Garden and Museum of Art showcase annuals, perennials, and seasonal wildflowers. The museum, in a carefully restored neo-Georgian mansion once home to the Cheek family of Maxwell House coffee fame, has a permanent collection of American art. It also hosts temporary exhibitions. The extensive gardens have recently been renovated with new spaces and, at this writing, are scheduled to be augmented by new lighting. Children's activities include art projects, special programming, a tree house, and a garden railroad display.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Our 2nd annual ladies' longish weekend trip was a success, but getting from Vancouver, B.C. and Calgary, Alberta to Memphis took a lot of time. We Vancouverites drove down to Seattle a day early and shopped Read more
I am seeking activity suggestions for Gatlinsburg TN for March 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more