Cheekwood Botanical Garden and Museum of Art
Cheekwood Botanical Garden and Museum of Art Review
Thirty acres of gardens at the Cheekwood Botanical Garden and Museum of Art showcase annuals, perennials, and seasonal wildflowers. The museum, in a carefully restored neo-Georgian mansion once home to the Cheek family of Maxwell House coffee fame, has a permanent collection of American art. It also hosts temporary exhibitions. The extensive gardens have recently been renovated with new spaces and, at this writing, are scheduled to be augmented by new lighting. Children's activities include art projects, special programming, a tree house, and a garden railroad display.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband and I spent a long weekend in Gatlinburg and had a wonderful time. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more