Frist Center for the Visual Arts
Frist Center for the Visual Arts Review
This art gallery boasts 24,000 square feet of exhibit space and hosts first-class exhibitions of paintings, sculpture, and other visual art. The historic building, with its original art deco exterior, was formerly Nashville's downtown post office. In its current incarnation, it houses art galleries, a children's discovery gallery, a 250-seat auditorium, gift shop, café, art workshops, and an art resource center. Frist Fridays on the last Friday of June, July, and August feature live music in the courtyard. Admission is always free for visitors 18 and younger.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Our 2nd annual ladies' longish weekend trip was a success, but getting from Vancouver, B.C. and Calgary, Alberta to Memphis took a lot of time. We Vancouverites drove down to Seattle a day early and shopped Read more
I am seeking activity suggestions for Gatlinsburg TN for March 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more