Frist Center for the Visual Arts
Frist Center for the Visual Arts Review
This art gallery boasts 24,000 square feet of exhibit space and hosts first-class exhibitions of paintings, sculpture, and other visual art. The historic building, with its original art deco exterior, was formerly Nashville's downtown post office. In its current incarnation, it houses art galleries, a children's discovery gallery, a 250-seat auditorium, gift shop, café, art workshops, and an art resource center. Frist Fridays on the last Friday of June, July, and August feature live music in the courtyard. Admission is always free for visitors 18 and younger.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband and I spent a long weekend in Gatlinburg and had a wonderful time. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more