Memphis International Airport (MEM), 9 miles southeast of downtown, is served by most major airlines and is a hub for Northwest Airlines. 2491 Winchester Rd., Memphis, TN. 901/922-8000. www.mscaa.com.
Some sample flying times are: from New York (2½ hours), London (10 hours).
Continental Express. 800/525-0280.
US Airways. 800/428-4322.
From the U.K.
British Airways. 0345/222-111.
Virgin Atlantic. 01293/747-747.
Transfers Between the Airport & Town
Driving time to downtown is about 15 minutes via I-240 northwest.
Cab fare to downtown runs about $20 plus tip.
Yellow Cab. 901/577-7700.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's