Stax Museum of American Soul Music
Stax Museum of American Soul Music Review
Look for the marquee reading "Soulsville U.S.A.", and listen for the sounds of soul icons like Otis Redding, Isaac Hayes, and Aretha Franklin as you approach the former home of Stax Records, rebuilt from the ground up to look as it did during the label's heyday in the 1960s and early '70s. Inside, it's wall-to-wall music—along with a history of Stax, from its beginnings as a home base for local musicians to an international sensation.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Our 2nd annual ladies' longish weekend trip was a success, but getting from Vancouver, B.C. and Calgary, Alberta to Memphis took a lot of time. We Vancouverites drove down to Seattle a day early and shopped Read more
I am seeking activity suggestions for Gatlinsburg TN for March 2014. Read more
· News & Features
From barbeque to blues, here are our tips for packing the best of Memphis into two short but rocking days.... Read more
There are some 85 million moms in the U.S.—and they all deserve some extra-special parental pampering... Read more