Mud Island Review
Memphis begins at the Mississippi River, which is celebrated in a 52-acre river park on Mud Island. A footbridge and monorail at 125 North Front Street get you to the island, where the five-block River Walk replicates the Mississippi's every twist, turn, and sandbar from Cairo, Illinois, to New Orleans, Louisiana. The park also has pedal boat and bicycle rentals and numerous gift shops.
Also in the park is the Mississippi River Museum, featuring a simulated Civil War gunboat battle. $8. Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband and I spent a long weekend in Gatlinburg and had a wonderful time. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
From barbeque to blues, here are our tips for packing the best of Memphis into two short but rocking days. ... Read more
There are some 85 million moms in the U.S.—and they all deserve some extra-special parental pampering... Read more