Nightlife & the Arts in Memphis
A handful of areas make for good stepping out downtown. Beale Street tops the list, with more venues per square foot than any other place in town.
Among Midtown's nightlife offerings, Overton Square is the best known. With its concentration of theaters, restaurants, and bars within a few blocks, you're sure to stumble onto something lively.
For a complete listing of weekly events, check the Friday Memphis Commercial Appeal (www.commercialappeal.com) or the Memphis Flyer (www.memphisflyer.com). Both are distributed free at newsstands around the city.
The Tennessee Welcome Center provides an up-to-date rundown of events. 119 N. Riverside Dr., Memphis, TN. 901/543-5333.
Browse Memphis Nightlife
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's