- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Great Smoky Mountains National Park straddles parts of two states, North Carolina and Tennessee. The park headquarters is in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, and many people think of the Smokies as being a Tennessee national park. In fact, slightly more of the park is on the eastern, or North Carolina side, than on the Tennessee side—276,000 acres to 245,000 acres. The dividing line is at Newfound Gap. Once inside the park, you may not be aware of which state you're in except for practical considerations of geography and the time it takes to get from point to point.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's