Great Smoky Mtns. National Park Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Great Smoky Mtns. National Park Restaurant Reviews
The closest thing to fine dining you can find in the park is a hot dog at the snack bar in Cades Cove or a Coke from a vending machine at a visitor center. If you're up to a 14- or 15-mile round-trip hike, there is a dining room at LeConte Lodge, which only offers lunch for day visitors. (Overnight guests get breakfast and dinner at the lodge.) You can create your own gourmet dining with an alfresco picnic at one of the park's 11 attractive picnic areas.
Outside the park you'll find many more dining options, from fast food to fine dining, the latter especially in Asheville. On the Tennessee side, both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge have myriad fast-food and family dining choices.
Browse Great Smoky Mtns. National Park Restaurants
Browse Great Smoky Mtns. National Park Restaurants By Location
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe