Great Smoky Mtns. National Park Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Other than a small convenience store at Cades Cove campground, there is no place to buy picnic supplies and groceries in the park. However, you'll find good-size supermarkets near the park entrance. In North Carolina, Ingles is the dominant supermarket chain, with stores in Bryson City, Waynesville, Sylva, and Robbinsville, among other towns near the park. Bi-Lo, another Southeastern chain supermarket with more than 220 stores, has a location in Waynesville. There are several independent grocers in Cherokee, and Food Lion, a regional supermarket, has a location near Cherokee in Whittier. In Asheville, besides many supermarkets, you'll find Greenlife (owned by Whole Foods) and Earth Fare, two natural-foods supermarkets, and Fresh Market, a regional gourmet supermarket chain. The largest farmers' market in North Carolina is in Asheville, too.
In Tennessee, Food City has outlets in Pigeon Forge, Sevierville, and Gatlinburg.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe