Moonshine Gulch Saloon
Moonshine Gulch Saloon Review
Although it's 25 mi south of Deadwood in the middle of a very empty section of the forest, the ghost town of Rochford is worth visiting. Once the site of a prosperous gold camp, the town now has about 15 residents and even fewer buildings. The saloon (between the Rochford Mall, the self-proclaimed "Small of America," and one-room Rochford University) stays quite busy in the summer despite its remote location. After you order your sarsaparilla soda and hamburger, look up to admire the collection of baseball caps and currency on the ceiling.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hey! Read more
My Trip Report on our vacation to the Black Hills in Rapids City, SD is in a You tube blog format. Read more
Need help with suggestions and how much time to spend at each stop and what not to miss . Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more