Mt. Rushmore and the Black Hills Feature
Top Reasons to Go to Mt. Rushmore and the Black Hills
Underground exploring: Wind Cave offers visitors the chance to get their hands and feet dirty on a four-hour guided tour through one of American's longest and most complex caves.
The call of the wild: Wind Cave National Park boasts a wide variety of animals: bison, coyote, deer, antelope, elk, prairie dogs, and 37 species of birds, to name just a few.
Education by candlelight: Wind Cave offers numerous educational and interpretive programs, including the Candlelight Cave Tour, which allows guests to explore the cave only by candlelight.
Noteworthy neighbors: On the north border of Wind Cave sits Custer State Park, one of South Dakota's can't-miss areas. With its close proximity to numerous other national parks, state parks, and other monuments and memorials, Wind Cave is situated perfectly to explore some of American's greatest national treasures.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's