Badlands Wilderness Area
Badlands Wilderness Area Review
Covering about a quarter of the park, this 100-square-mi area is part of the country's largest prairie wilderness. About two-thirds of the Sage Creek region is mixed-grass prairie, making it the ideal grazing grounds for bison, pronghorn, and many of the park's other native animals. The Hay Butte Overlook (2 mi northwest on Sage Creek Rim Road) and the Pinnacles Overlook (1 mi south of the Pinnacles entrance) are the best places to get an overview of the wilderness area. Feel free to park at an overlook and hike your own route into the untamed, unmarked prairie.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hey! Read more
My Trip Report on our vacation to the Black Hills in Rapids City, SD is in a You tube blog format. Read more
Fairgrounds Cave Tour or Natural Entrance Cave Tour---Can't decide on which one might be the best???????????? Strenuous is not a problem. Unfortunately, the Wild Cave Tour isn't offered on the date we will Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more