- Small-town charm Small towns—most complete with shady town squares, jewel-box shops, and a café—dot this region. Abbeville and Aiken are a couple of the nicest.
- Rafting the Chattooga The fact that the movie Deliverance was filmed here doesn't scare away rafting enthusiasts from some of the best white water in the country. Deliverance was filmed here doesn't scare away rafting enthusiasts from some of the best white water in the country.
- Antiquing in Camden Camden's Art and Antique District, which comprises most of the downtown area, is a trove of well-priced furniture, ironwork, and high-quality paintings.
- Congaree Swamp National Park Wander through 20 miles of trails or follow the 2½-mile boardwalk that meanders over lazy creeks and under massive hardwoods.
- Waterfalls There are more than 25 waterfalls in the Upstate; some, like 75-foot Twin Falls, are an easy walk from the road. Others, such as Raven Cliff Falls, are a 2-mile hike away.
80° BY THE SEA
Looking for a beach vacation? Let us help you find the right spot.More