- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dye's Gullah Fixin's
Dye's Gullah Fixin's Review
It's often hard to find the real thing, but this is true Gullah food: decadent, delicious, and comforting. Owner Dye Scott-Rhodan uses recipes handed down by generations of her Gullah family. Those recipes include dishes like fried chicken, pork ribs, macaroni and cheese, collard greens, and Lowcountry boil (shrimp, smoked sausage, potatoes, corn, and seasonings). Wash it down with the South's most popular beverage, sweet tea. There is also a full bar, and a Sunday buffet from noon to 3. The small restaurant has occasional entertainment, including karaoke. It is located in the Pineland Station shopping center.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We attended the Hibernian Ball in Charleston about a week ago and I think I have sufficiently recovered to manage a short trip report.. The Ball is put on by the Irish Benevolent Society and is a grea Read more
We had a wonderful Christmas in Charleston. Read more
Flying into Savannah for 4 days, staying at the Gastonian BnB, then to Hilton Head for 4 days.... we are renting a car upon arrival at Savannah........ and driving (three nights to get there) to New Orleans Read more