- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- in the heart of the historic district
- beautifully landscaped, green events space
- light afternoon refreshments are complimentary
- atmosphere in the main building may feel too dated for those seeking a more contemporary hotel
- no water views
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Beaufort Inn Review
This coral 1890s Victorian inn charms you with its gables and wraparound verandas; pine-floor guest rooms have period reproductions, striped wallpaper, and comfy chairs, and several have fireplaces and four-poster beds. The landmark inn is right in the heart of the downtown historic district, and most rooms have views of the surrounding buildings, courtyards, and gardens. Options in the main inn range from standard queen-size rooms to queen or king suites, which are the most popular. Garden Cottages have garden or courtyard views; decor here is more attractive and contemporary, with heavier, darker woods. A handsome apartment overlooks Bay Street. There are also two flats and one four-bedroom house. The restaurant is open to the public for lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch.
- Address: 809 Port Republic St., Downtown Historic District, Beaufort, SC 29901 | Map It
- Phone: 843/379-4667
- Website: www.beaufortinn.com
- Location: Beaufort
- 7 queen rooms, 7 queen or king luxury suites, 8 2-BR cottages, 1 2-BR loft apartment, 2 flats, 1 4-BR house.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $84 & up -- 4-Star Myrtle Beach Hotel w/Extras, Reg. $240 BookIt.com
- $99 -- Myrtle Beach Hotel w/Ocean Views, Reg. $239 BookIt.com
- $69 & up -- Myrtle Beach Summer Sale, through August — $69 Myrtle Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau
- $181 & up -- Myrtle Beach Resort w/Breakfast for Two Package — $181 Beach Colony Resort
- $97 & up -- Beachfront Myrtle Beach Family Resort w/Bowling — $97 Captain's Quarters Family & Golf Resort
Stayed for two nights in Charleston at the Planters Inn. Read more
I recently returned from 3 nights in Charleston and 2 in Savannah, so wanted to "give back” as this forum was instrumental in my planning. Read more
At the end of June, my family and I will be staying for 6 nights at a rental house around 3 miles north of Folly Beach. Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more