- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- in the heart of the historic district
- beautifully landscaped, green events space
- light afternoon refreshments are complimentary
- atmosphere in the main building may feel too dated for those seeking a more contemporary hotel
- no water views
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Beaufort Inn Review
This coral 1890s Victorian inn charms you with its gables and wraparound verandas; pine-floor guest rooms have period reproductions, striped wallpaper, and comfy chairs, and several have fireplaces and four-poster beds. The landmark inn is right in the heart of the downtown historic district, and most rooms have views of the surrounding buildings, courtyards, and gardens. Options in the main inn range from standard queen-size rooms to queen or king suites, which are the most popular. Garden Cottages have garden or courtyard views; decor here is more attractive and contemporary, with heavier, darker woods. A handsome apartment overlooks Bay Street. There are also two flats and one four-bedroom house. The restaurant is open to the public for lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch.
- Address: 809 Port Republic St., Downtown Historic District, Beaufort, SC 29901 | Map It
- Phone: 843/379–4667
- Website: www.beaufortinn.com
- Location: Beaufort
- 7 queen rooms, 7 queen or king luxury suites, 8 2-BR cottages, 1 2-BR loft apartment, 2 flats, 1 4-BR house.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I found some useful info here on fodors when I was researching our recent trip two weeks south. Read more
My family and I (11 of us in total) just returned from a 6 night vacation in Charleston. Read more
With the help of the advice I received here, two of us had an interesting, and delicious, journey from our home in NYC to a rental condo in south Florida last December. Read more
· News & Features
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across... Read more
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's... Read more
Come January, American Airlines will introduce brand-new premium Airbus A321 planes on its transcontinental... Read more