- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
For those looking for a bird's-eye view of Hilton Head, it doesn't get better than parasailing. Newcomers will get a lesson in safety before taking off. Parasailers are then strapped into a harness, and as the boat takes off, the parasailer is lifted about 500 feet into the sky.
Bay Parasail. Parasailers go up 500 feet in the air and glide over Palmetto Bay Marina and Broad Creek on a 31-foot parasail boat with Palmetto Bay Parasail. Palmetto Bay Marina, 86 Helmsman Way, South End, Hilton Head Island, SC, 29928. 843/686–2200. www.parasailhiltonhead.com.
H20 Sports. Parasailers glide above Hilton Head and can check out the views up to 25 miles in all directions. Sea Pines, 149 Lighthouse Rd., South End, Hilton Head Island, SC, 29928. 843/671–4386 or 877/290–4386. www.h2osportsonline.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's