Hilton Head and the Low Country Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Beachcombing: Hilton Head Island has 12 miles of beaches. You can swim, soak up the sun, or walk along the sand.
Challenging Golf: Hilton Head's nickname is "Golf Island," and its many challenging courses have an international reputation.
Serving Up Tennis: Home to hundreds of tennis courts, Hilton Head is one of the nation's top tennis destinations.
Staying Put: This semitropical island has been a resort destination for decades, and it has all the desired amenities for visitors: a vast array of lodgings, an endless supply of restaurants, and excellent shopping.
Beaufort: This small antebellum town offers large doses of heritage and culture; nearly everything you might want to see is within its downtown historic district.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $84 & up -- 4-Star Myrtle Beach Hotel w/Extras, Reg. $240 BookIt.com
- $99 -- Myrtle Beach Hotel w/Ocean Views, Reg. $239 BookIt.com
- $116 & up -- Summer Dates at Myrtle Beach Resort, 45% Off — $116 The Palms Resort
- $69 & up -- Myrtle Beach Summer Sale, through August — $69 Myrtle Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau
- $181 & up -- Myrtle Beach Resort w/Breakfast for Two Package — $181 Beach Colony Resort