- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In Charleston, sales tax on most purchases is 7.5%. Hotels are taxed at 12.5% (11.5% in Mount Pleasant). In restaurants, the tax is 9.5% for food, beer, and wine (14.5% for liquor); however, in Mount Pleasant, food, beer, and wine are taxed at 8.5%, liquor at 13.5%.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's