- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fares within the city average about $5 per trip with the regular cab companies. The newer Green Taxis, using hybrid vehicles (and one minivan), run $7. Other taxis include Yellow Cab, available 24 hours a day.
Bike-pedaling companies will take you anywhere in the Historic District for $4.50 per person per 10 minutes. It is a fun way to get around in the evening, especially if you are barhopping. They stay available until the bars close. Three can squeeze into one pedicab.
Charleston Bike Taxi (1 Pinckney St., Historic District, Charleston, SC, 29401. 843/532–8663. www.biketaxi.net.)
Charleston Rickshaw Company (Downtown historic district, Charleston, SC. 843/723–5685. www.charlestonrickshaw.net.)
Green Taxis (334 E. Bay St., #254, Historic District, Charleston, SC, 29401. 843/819–0846. www.charlestongreentaxi.com.)
Metro Limo-Taxi (5437 Tee St., North Charleston, SC, 29418. 843/572–5083.)
Yellow Cab (2019 Cherry Hill La., Mid town, Charleston, SC, 29405. 843/577–6565. www.yellowcabofcharleston.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's