- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Charleston Area Regional Transportation Authority, the city's public bus system, takes passengers around the city and to the suburbs. Bus 11, which goes to the airport, is convenient for travelers. CARTA operates DASH, which runs buses that look like vintage trolleys along three downtown routes. All trips are free on DASH. CARTA buses go to James Island, West Ashley, and Mount Pleasant. From Mount Pleasant you can catch CARTA's Flex Service to the beach at Sullivan's Island for $3.
CARTA (36 Johns St., Daniel Island, North Charleston, SC, 29403. 843/747–0922. www.ridecarta.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe