A courtyard where cadets once marched is now a soaring atrium—complete with a glass ceiling, frilly palm trees, and a babbling fountain—in this 1822 building that once served as the Old Citadel. The restored brick walls of the breakfast room and some guest rooms contain original gun ports. Handsome teak and mahogany furniture and sisal rugs in the common areas recall the British-colonial era. Guest rooms are not nearly as chic, but are comfortable and serviceable.
The wall of the tiny pool literally backs up to Marion Square.