At a Glance
- luxury bedding, including custom-made mattresses, down pillows, and Italian linens
- each room has a whirlpool tub and iPod docking station
- Second Empire style can strike some people as forbidding
- the building has some of the woes of an old building, including loudly creaking staircases
- location deems pedicab, bike, or car advisable to reach tourist areas
Check Rates from our Partners
Wentworth Mansion Review
Guests at the most grand inn in town admire the Second Empire antiques and reproductions, the rich fabrics, inset wood paneling, and original stained-glass windows, as well as the views from the roofop cupola. In the colder months, the baronial, high-ceilinged guest rooms have the velvet drapes drawn and the gas fireplaces lighted. The complimentary evening wine and delectable hors d'oeuvres are served in the sunny, glass-enclosed parlor. The hot breakfast is made in the inn's laudable restaurant, Circa 1886, which shares the former carriage house with a spa, where treatments include couples massages.
Fulfilling aspirations of an elegant life of leisure comes easily at the Wentworth, a mansion built in 1886. Austrian-crystal chandeliers, hand-carved marble mantles, and stained-glass windows set the tone. In the evenings, complimentary wine and hors d'oeuvres are served on the glass-enclosed porch. A few steps away is the carriage house, now converted into a laudable restaurant and cozy spa.
View deals in Charleston for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More