The grandest inn in town features Second Empire antiques and reproductions, elaborate woodwork, and original stained-glass windows, as well as the sweeping views from the roofop cupola. In the colder months, the staff draws the velvet drapes and lights the gas fireplaces of the baronial, high-ceilinged guest rooms. Italian linens and down pillows add to the opulence. The complimentary evening wine and delectable hors d'oeuvres are served in the sunny, glass-enclosed parlor.
The hot breakfast is made in the inn's laudable restaurant, circa 1886, which shares the former carriage house with a spa, where treatments include couples massages.