Nightlife & the Arts in Charleston
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You can find it all here, across the board, for Charleston loves a good party. The more mature crowd goes to the sophisticated spots, and there are many: piano bars, wine bars, lounges featuring jazz groups or a guitarist/vocalist, and cigar lounges. Rooftop bars are a particular Charleston tradition, and the city has several good ones. Many restaurants offer live entertainment on at least one weekend night, and these tend to cater to an older crowd. The Upper King area especially has grown in recent years, overtaking the Market area in terms of popularity and variety. A city ordinance mandates that bars must close by 2 am and that patrons must be out of the establishment and doors locked by that hour. Last call is usually 1:30.
Browse Charleston Nightlife
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's