- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Edisto Watersports & Tackle. Edisto Watersports & Tackle offers two-hour sunset river cruises through the beautiful Ace Basin with commentary on history and wildlife. The tour, on a 24-foot Carolina skiff, costs $40 per person. You can also charter a fishing boat, pick up an Otter Island shelling excursion, or take a kayak tour here. 3731 Docksite Rd., Edisto Island, SC, 29438. 843/869–0663. www.edistowatersports.biz.
The Pink Van Tour. An Edisto native leads tours full of history and facts entertainingly told. There are multiple stops of interest, from historic churches to a plantation, and the cost is $20 for 2½ hours. Meets at Mains Market, 1084 Hwy. 174, Edisto Island, SC, 29438. 843/603–0967.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe