- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Plantation Course at Edisto. Sculpted from the maritime forest by architect Tom Jackson in 1974, this course mirrors the physical beauty of the island's Lowcountry-scape. Although located within the island's only resort, Wyndham Ocean Ridge, this totally renovated course was resurrected in 2005 by private owners, Edisto Golf, LLC. It operates as a public course with memberships. The moderate rates are the same for all seasons, with special three-day cards and weekly unlimited-rounds specials. It offers pick-up service within the resort and from the nearby marina. 19 Fairway Dr., Edisto Island, SC, 29438. 843/869–1111. www.theplantationcourseatedisto.com. 18 holes. 6200 yards. Par 70. Green Fee: $59. Facilities: putting green, golf carts, rental clubs, pro-shop, restaurant, bar.
More Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe