Rhode Island Department of Economic Development, Tourism Division (800/556–2484. www.visitrhodeisland.com.)
Department of Environmental Management's Division of Licensing. For information on where to buy licenses for freshwater fishing, contact the Department of Environmental Management's Division of Licensing. 401/222-3576. www.dem.ri.gov.
No license is needed for saltwater fishing.
Appalachian Mountain Club. One of the best trail guides for the region is the AMC Massachusetts and Rhode Island Trail Guide, available at local outdoors shops or from the Appalachian Mountain Club. Rhode Island's affiliate, the Narragansett Chapter, was founded in 1921 and has around 2,500 members. 5 Joy St., Boston, MA, 02108. 800/372-1758. www.amcnarragansett.org.
Appalachian Mountain Club. The Narragansett Chapter of the Appalachian Mountain Club was founded in 1921 and has around 2,500 members. The Rhode Island affiliate meets regularly for hiking, kayaking, climbing and cross-country skiing excursions. 5 Joy Street, Boston, MA. 603/523-0636. www.amcnarragansett.org.
Audubon Society of Rhode Island. The Audubon Society of Rhode Island leads interesting hikes and field expeditions around the state. 12 Sanderson Rd., Smithfield, RI, 02917. 401/949–5454 - 5454. www.asri.org.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's