By far the tiniest state, Rhode Island contains a fascinating diversity of people and topography within its tight borders. From the wealthy yachting resort community of Newport to the arty, student-populated neighborhoods of Providence, the Ocean State also contains a surprising wealth of unspoiled beaches, verdant woodland, and sleepy hamlets.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $429* & up -- Premium Economy to Boston from California, O/W Virgin America