South County Sights

Advertisement

Watch Hill Lighthouse Review

A tiny museum at this 1808 lighthouse contains the original Fresnal light, mariner sea chests, photographs of the hurricane of 1938, documentation of famous local shipwrecks, and shots of 19th- and early-20th-century sailing vessels off Watch Hill. Parking is for the handicapped and senior citizens only; everyone else must walk along a private road off Larkin Road.

    Contact Information

  • Address: 14 Lighthouse Rd., Watch Hill, RI, 02891 | Map It
  • Phone: 401/596–7761
  • Cost: Free
  • Hours: Grounds daily 8–sunset. Museum July–Labor Day, Tues. and Thurs. 1–3
  • Website:
  • Location: Watch Hill
Updated: 12-23-2013

Fodorite Reviews

Be the first to review this property

Advertisement

· Map of Watch Hill Lighthouse

Map of



View more trip reports

· Forum

View more travel discussions