- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A popular summer resort destination during the Victorian era, Narragansett still has as its main landmark, The Towers, the last remaining section of the famous 1886 Narragansett Pier Casino designed by McKim, Mead, and White. The town is home to a large commercial fishing fleet and four beaches. Take a scenic drive down Route 1A to see the ocean and grand old shingle-style homes. You'll eventually wind up at Point Judith Lighthouse, which has been in operation since the 19th century.
Narragansett at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's