- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Native American name for this 7-mile-long strip of sandy beachfront stretching from Watch Hill to Weekapaug means "Red Fish," referencing Atlantic salmon, common to the Pawcatuck River and also the original name for the entire Westerly area settled in 1661. Today it's a family-oriented summer vacation destination with amusement parks featuring a carousel, minigolf, go-carts, batting cages, waterslides, and kiddie rides. Hop on a Jet Ski, paddle a kayak, or find a spot for sunbathing. Evenings bring concerts and movies on the beach.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's