- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The narrow Providence River cuts through the city's Downtown from north to south. West of the river lies the compact business district. A largely Italian neighborhood, Federal Hill, pushes west from here along Atwells Avenue. On the north side of Downtown is the white-marble State House. South Main and Benefit streets run parallel to the river, on the East Side. College Hill constitutes the western half of the East Side. At the top of College Hill, Thayer Street runs north to south. Don't confuse the city of East Providence with Providence's East Side.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's