Sights & Attractions in Providence
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things to Do in Downtown
Built in 1773-1774 and designed by Joseph Brown, this brick structure...
|Architectural Sites, Historic Districts / Sites, Educational Institutions||Downtown|
Providence Children's Museum
At Rhode Island's only hands-on children's museum, kids and their...
|Museums / Galleries||Downtown|
Rhode Island State House
Designed by the noted firm of McKim, Mead & White, Rhode...
|Government Buildings, Tours||Downtown|
Roger Williams National Memorial
This 4½-acre park dedicated to Rhode Island's founder has a symbolic...
|Parks, Memorials / Monuments||Downtown|
Waterplace Park and Riverwalk
Venetian-style footbridges, cobblestone walkways, and an amphitheater...
|Neighborhoods / Streets, Squares, Promenades / Boardwalks||Downtown|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's