Sights & Attractions in Providence
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
First Unitarian Church of Providence
This Romanesque house of worship made of Rhode Island granite...
|Religious Sites||East Side|
Governor Henry Lippitt House Museum
The two-term Rhode Island governor made his fortune selling textiles...
|Museums / Galleries||East Side|
John Hay Library
Built in 1910 and named for Abraham Lincoln's secretary, the...
Built in 1773-1774 and designed by Joseph Brown, this brick structure...
|Architectural Sites, Historic Districts / Sites, Educational Institutions||Downtown|
Providence Children's Museum
At Rhode Island's only hands-on children's museum, kids ages...
|Museums / Galleries||Downtown|
Rhode Island State House
Designed by the noted firm of McKim, Mead & White and built...
|Government Buildings, Tours||Downtown|
Roger Williams National Memorial
This 4½-acre park dedicated to Rhode Island's founder has a symbolic...
|Parks, Memorials / Monuments||Downtown|
Waterplace Park and Riverwalk
Romantic Venetian-style footbridges, cobblestone walkways, and...
|Neighborhoods / Streets, Squares, Promenades / Boardwalks||Downtown|
Named for a Baptist minister who was one of Providence's first...
|Neighborhoods / Streets||East Side|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe