- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mill's Tavern Review
The lasagna-inspired Cobb salad served as a square of perfectly chopped egg, vegetables, and bacon on a bed of Bibb lettuce is just one of many examples of culinary artistry you'll find here. This upscale tavern has red brick walls and vaulted casement ceilings. The menu, which includes a raw bar and selections from the wood-burning oven and rotisserie, consists of contemporary American, French-influenced fare that changes quarterly to emphasize local and seasonal ingredients. If you decide not to go for the Angus all natural rib eye with housemade steak sauce, the pan-roasted Scottish salmon over French lentils with citrus tomato jam is noteworthy. Take advantage of the $29 three-course fixed price menu on weeknights.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $429* & up -- Premium Economy to Boston from California, O/W Virgin America
Memorial Day marks the beginning of nice weather for the year and we planned the first trip of the year to Rhode Island. Read more
If you don't travel with young kids, then this report may bore you.....
I see posts now and then about families looking for things to do with their young children. So here is my informal trip report abou Read more
We are in Providence from Sept 15th to the 17th staying at the Omni Hotel attending a meeting. Read more
· News & Features
A new shore-side hotel opened earlier this month in chic Newport, Rhode Island offering everything from... Read more
Visitors to Newport are met with tons of splurge-worthy activities from yachting to the annual jazz festival,... Read more
The Providence Biltmore, an iconic hotel that has made its mark on the city's skyline for years, has bee... Read more