- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Benefit Street Review
The centerpiece of any visit to Providence is this "mile of history" where the city's wealthiest families lived in the 18th and early 19th centuries. Benefit Street is home to the one of the highest concentrations of Colonial architecture and passes through the campuses of Brown University and the Rhode Island School of Design.
Providence Preservation Society. The Providence Preservation Society distributes maps and pamphlets with self-guided tours. 21 Meeting St., at Benefit St., East Side, 02903. 401/831–7440. www.ppsri.org.
Rhode Island Historical Society. The Rhode Island Historical Society conducts summer (mid-June–mid-Oct.) walks on Benefit Street. The 90-minute tours cost $12 per person and depart from the John Brown House Museum Tuesday–Saturday at 11 am. 52 Power St., 02906. 401/273–7507 Ext. 62. www.rihs.org. $12.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
JetBlue had a special of $97 RT from Houston to Boston, so I jumped on it! Read more
Thanks for everyone's help on my few postings. Read more
Hi, so my siblings and are looking to send out parents on a weekend getaway as their present for Christmas. Read more
· News & Features
It's easy to say that going to a hot destination in the off season will save you money, but the questio ... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more
A new shore-side hotel opened earlier this month in chic Newport, Rhode Island offering everything from... Read more