- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boating and Diving
Sail Newport. Take a private two-hour sailing lesson or rent 19- or 22-foot sailboats or kayaks at Sail Newport, New England's largest public sailing center. 60 Ft. Adams Dr., Ft. Adams State Park, Newport, RI, 02840. 401/846-1983. www.sailnewport.org. Memorial Day-Labor Day, daily 8:30-8:30; Labor Day-Columbus Day 9-5.
The Dive Shop. The Dive Shop rents, sells, and services dive equipment, refills Nitrox and air tanks, offers PADI instruction and certification and conducts group "fun dives" close to shore. 550 Thames St., Newport, RI, 02840. 401/847-9293. theridiveshop.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $53.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Newport Hotwire
- Save at 4.5-Star The Chanler at Cliff Walk: $867 & Up in May Expedia
- $402.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Newport — $402 Hotwire
- Newport Savings! Book at Hyatt Regency Newport Fr $486+/Nt — $486 Expedia
- Book Now & Save! Newport Fr $175+/Nt — $175 Travelocity