- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Franklin Spa Review
A local landmark where the line can be out the door on summer weekend mornings, Franklin Spa's satisfying breakfasts are worth the wait. The Portuguese Sailor (grilled chouriço and egg with melted cheese on Portuguese sweet bread) is a house specialty. Healthy options include egg-white omelets, fresh-squeezed orange juice, and fruit smoothies made with fat-free yogurt. Owner and avid fisherman Rocky Botelho is at the grill most days. The service is extremely friendly.
- Address: 229 Spring St., Newport, RI 02840
- Phone: 401/847–3540
- Location: Newport
- Reservations not accepted.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
JetBlue had a special of $97 RT from Houston to Boston, so I jumped on it! Read more
Thanks for everyone's help on my few postings. Read more
My husband, 14 year old son and 11 year old daughter and I are planning to be in Boston on August 16.From there we want to see some East coast highlights. We need to rent a car to drive to Cape cod (mid-week, Read more
· News & Features
It's easy to say that going to a hot destination in the off season will save you money, but the questio ... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more
A new shore-side hotel opened earlier this month in chic Newport, Rhode Island offering everything from... Read more