- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Franklin Spa Review
A local landmark where the line can be out the door on summer weekend mornings, the satisfying breakfast served here by a friendly staff is worth the wait. The Portuguese Sailor (grilled chourico and egg with melted cheese on Portuguese sweet bread) is a house specialty. Healthy options include egg-white omelets, fresh-squeezed orange juice, and fruit smoothies made with fat-free yogurt. Owner and avid fisherman Rocky Botelho is at the grill most days.
- Address: 229 Spring St., Newport, RI 02840
- Phone: 401/847–3540
- Location: Newport
- Reservations not accepted.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
JetBlue had a special of $97 RT from Houston to Boston, so I jumped on it! Read more
Thanks for everyone's help on my few postings. Read more
Hi, so my siblings and are looking to send out parents on a weekend getaway as their present for Christmas. Read more
· News & Features
It's easy to say that going to a hot destination in the off season will save you money, but the questio... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more
A new shore-side hotel opened earlier this month in chic Newport, Rhode Island offering everything from... Read more