DeWolf Tavern Review
A notorious 1818 rum distillery is now one of the state's most distinctive restaurants—look for the timber ceilings, African granite from slave ship ballasts in the walls, and framed sections of early-19th-century graffiti-covered plaster. Chef Sai Viswanath reinvents traditional New England fare with lobster roasted in a 900-degree tandoor oven, seared local sea scallops with chestnut spaetzle and a thyme-garam masala sauce, and seafood stew simmered in a coconut, coriander, star anise, and mustard-seed broth. Save room for the homemade cardamom ice cream. Alfresco dining on the second-story back deck at sunset is one of summer's great pleasures. In winter, ask to reserve Table 36 near the fireplace in the upstairs dining room.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's