In a cleverly converted garage on lower Thames Street, this French bistro has high ceilings and an open floor plan that give it a sophisticated vibe. Danish-born chef-owner John Bach-Sorensen has added a 10-seat chef's table for those who want kitchen interaction. Fresh seafood, especially the crispy salmon served with mushroom-asparagus orzo risotto and Cabernet sauce, continues to please fans. Hand-cut beef fillets and grilled pizzas are also popular, and the bar pours a great espresso martini. Overseen by Bach-Sorensen, you can play guest chef for a night for your privately invited guests.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's