Polo in Newport
Newport International Polo Series. Teams from around the U.S. and the world compete in Saturday evening matches at Glen Farm in Portsmouth. Spectators are invited to stomp divots at the half and then mingle with players and pet the horses after the match. Arrive early with picnic for a choice tailgating spot. The concession stand has a bar and grilled fare. Matches take place Saturday, June through August starting at 5 pm, and in September beginning at 4 pm. 715 E. Main Rd., Portsmouth, RI, 02871. 401/846–0200. www.nptpolo.com. $12–$20. June–Sept., Sat., match times vary.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's