- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Payne's Harbor View Inn
At a Glance
- relatively inexpensive for luxurious feel
- kayak rentals
- Wi-Fi and TVs
- bar does not serve hard alcohol
Payne's Harbor View Inn Review
This 2002 inn, designed to blend with the island's historic architecture, occupies a breezy hillside overlooking the Great Salt Pond and just minutes from Crescent Beach. Rooms are larger, more modern, and better appointed than those of many of its Victorian-era rivals. Some rooms have private decks with water views, and two large suites offer in-room Jacuzzis. A spacious, yet private back porch and Adirondack-strewn lawn area remain relatively undiscovered despite commanding views. There's a small but good menu of light fare, and a bar serving beers and wines and fresh-fruit sake cocktails.
- Address: Ocean Ave. and Beach Ave., Block Island, RI 02807
- Phone: 401/466–5758
- Location: Block Island
- 10 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
JetBlue had a special of $97 RT from Houston to Boston, so I jumped on it! Read more
Thanks for everyone's help on my few postings. Read more
Hi, so my siblings and are looking to send out parents on a weekend getaway as their present for Christmas. Read more
· News & Features
It's easy to say that going to a hot destination in the off season will save you money, but the questio... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more
A new shore-side hotel opened earlier this month in chic Newport, Rhode Island offering everything from... Read more