Block Island Travel Guide
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Plan Your Block Island Vacation
Block Island, 12 miles off Rhode Island's southern coast, is the smallest state's answer to nearby bigger and ritzier Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. Only 10 square miles but boasting 17 miles of beaches that unlike many on its Massachusetts sister islands are open to everyone, it has been a vacation destination since the 19th century. Despite the number of summer visitors and thanks to the efforts of local conservationists, the island's beauty remains intact (more than 43% of the land is preserved); its 365 freshwater ponds support thousands of species of birds that migrate seasonally along the Atlantic Flyway.
It's advisable to book lodgings well in advance, especially for weekends in July and August, when many hotels ask for a two-night minimum; the Chamber of...read more
Find the best Block Island restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
JetBlue had a special of $97 RT from Houston to Boston, so I jumped on it! Read more
Thanks for everyone's help on my few postings. Read more