Rhode Island Travel Guide
"Rhode Island: 3% Bigger at Low Tide," reads a bestselling T-shirt by designer Hilary Treadwell. It's a bit of an exaggeration: the state geologist actually calculates.5%. But the smallest state's size is a big source of pride given all there is to do and see within its 1,500 square miles (one third of those are water). The visitor may find it hard to choose from so many experiences: historic tours, fine dining, and WaterFire in Providence; apple picking and canal boat rides in the Blackstone Valley; fishing trips and hitting the beach in South County or Block Island; pedaling along Bristol's bike path; and taking sunset sails and touring Gilded Age mansions in Newport.
Cities in Rhode Island
Islands in Rhode Island
It's easy to say that going to a hot destination in the off season will save you money, but the questio... Read more
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more
A new shore-side hotel opened earlier this month in chic Newport, Rhode Island offering everything from... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
JetBlue had a special of $97 RT from Houston to Boston, so I jumped on it! Read more
Thanks for everyone's help on my few postings. Read more