- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The county seat since 1786, this historic mile-square city holds distinctive 18th- and 19th-century architecture, with fine examples of Greek Revival and Victorian styles. A small but vital downtown has shopping possibilities as well as restaurants and bars serving everything from classic American fare to the latest microbrews. Fine examples of classical architecture, including the Chester County Courthouse and Market Street Station, can be found near the intersection of High and Gay streets. The town is also home to one of the area's most visited attractions, the QVC Studios, in an industrial park off U.S. 202.
West Chester at a Glance
Elsewhere in Side Trips from Philadelphia
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's