When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
Each season provides plenty of reasons to visit this area, which is about 45 minutes' to an hour's drive from Center City Philadelphia. Spring and summer bring a Technicolor display of flowers at Longwood and verdant green to the Brandywine Valley countryside and Valley Forge National Park. The chance to witness some spectacular fall foliage and crisper weather is a compelling case for an autumnal visit, although the spectacular holiday light show at Longwood and the chance to relax by a cozy fire at a charming inn are reason enough to come during the cold-weather months. You can easily make day trips here from the city, but be sure to avoid traveling west on Interstate 76, and to a lesser extent, south on Interstate 95, during rush hour. Weekends, spring through fall, tend to be the busiest season for visitors.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's